Subject: [ANN] Ruboto 0.12.0 released!
The Ruboto team is pleased to announce the release of Ruboto 0.12.0.
Ruboto (JRuby on Android) is a platform for developing full standalone apps for Android using the Ruby language and libraries. It includes support libraries and generators for creating projects, classes, tests, and more. The complete APIs of Android, Java, and Ruby are available to you using the Ruby language.
New in version 0.12.0:
In this release we add the “ruboto setup” command and remove support for Android older than 2.3.3 and JRuby older than 1.7.0. “ruboto setup” will warn about missing components in your development environment and will offer to install them. If your platform is not supported, please let us know.
The ad hoc platform installation has been improved some. More work can be done. Contributors welcome!
The RubotoCore downloads have been moved to http://ruboto.org/downloads .
- Issue #182 Remove support for Android 2.1, api level android-7
- Issue #224 More automated installation of RubotoCore
- Issue #305 Drop support for JRuby 1.6.x
- Issue #341 Add “ruboto setup” to install JVM, ANT, and Android SDK
- Issue #364 Remove support for Android 2.2, api level android-8
- Issue #395 Display initial progress dialog while activity script is loading.
- Issue #403 Move downloads to http://ruboto.org/downloads
- Issue #345 rake update_scripts error
- Issue #397 Rake install doesn’t work for certain paths
- Issue #382 An exception during activity initialisation should show the exception, not the download screen.
- Issue #385 Can’t Subclass Java Activity Class for Entry Point
- Issue #396 Audio files that are all digits cause a rake crash
- Issue #399 Change references to APK_FILE in rake install task.
- Issue #401 ruboto.rb file link updated. The old one returned a 404 error.
- Issue #402 * Remove support for JRuby 1.6.x
- Issue #404 * Issue #224 Smoother RubotoCore installation
- Issue #343 Need to make sure we don’t overwrite user customization on “ruboto update app”
- Issue #383 Activity Bundle Doesn’t Reach Java
You can find a complete list of issues here:
To use Ruboto, you need to install a Ruby implementation. Then do (possibly as root)
gem install ruboto ruboto setup
To create a project do
ruboto gen app --package <your.package.name> cd <project directory> ruboto setup
To run an emulator for your project
cd <project directory> rake emulator
To run your project
cd <project directory> rake install start
You can find an introductory tutorial at https://github.com/ruboto/ruboto/wiki
If you have any problems or questions, come see us at http://ruboto.org/
– The Ruboto Team http://ruboto.org/
blog comments powered by Disqus