Subject: [ANN] Ruboto 0.14.0 released!
The Ruboto team is pleased to announce the release of Ruboto 0.14.0.
Ruboto (JRuby on Android) is a platform for developing full stand-alone apps for Android using the Ruby language and libraries. It includes support libraries and generators for creating projects, classes, tests, and more. The complete APIs of Android, Java, and Ruby are available to you using the Ruby language.
New in version 0.14.0:
In this release we change the startup to use a separate SplashActivity. This simplifies the startup and makes it more robust.
- Issue #433 Tests: add support for individual/matrix tests in Windows
- Issue #460 New startup sequence with SplashActivity
- Issue #471 Allow sending Intent extras with start_ruboto_activity
- Issue #473 Modify EntryPointActivity to send an Intent to SplashActivity
- Issue #428 Splash requests window feature too late
- Issue #429 ruboto emulator -t android-17 fails
- Issue #432 ‘ruboto update app’ leaves some old files behind
- Issue #434 After JRuby is loaded, check the activity state before calling onCreate
- Issue #442 Adding splash.xml crashes app.
- Issue #443 onCreateOptionsMenu (and other callbacks) not called on first time startup
- Issue #449 Change ruboto setup to use /linux/ instead of /^linux(.*)/
- Issue #451 Changing device orientation during splash causes exception
- Issue #453 Builds but fails to load ruby scripts on uppercase package name
- Issue #455 Rake install fails in ruboto-0.14.0-dev
- Issue #468 Using the EntryPointActivity check in the RubotoActivity template doesn’t work for other activities like PreferencesActivity
- Issue #470 “ruboto update app” deletes “src/ruboto/.svn” subversion directory
- Issue #446 Bad call from ruboto setup
- Issue #450 Application aborts prematurely, when I add a Gemfile.apk
- Issue #225 Investigate AIDE
- Issue #430 Add Downloads page to ruboto.org
- Issue #439 Fixes #432
- Issue #440 Added check for compatible APIs for update examples: re issue #437
- Issue #444 Fix building on Windows caused by mixed file separators. Also pre-compressed the included PNGs with optipng, despite included pngcrush during rake for increased loseless file compression.
- Issue #454 Fix android_package_directory for ones already installed android sdk
- Issue #457 Allow uppercase package name
- Issue #462 Add SplashActivity for new startup sequence
- Issue #463 New APK size upper limit in test/ruboto_gen_test
- Issue #464 Fix #451 by locking screen orientation of SplashActivity
- Issue #436 Use “ruboto emulator” instead of start_emulator.sh when running tests on travis-ci
- Issue #437 test ruboto_update_test fails for old versions < 0.11.0
- Issue #465 Adjust update scripts to the new JRuby mavenized packaging
You can find a complete list of issues here:
To use Ruboto, you need to install a Ruby implementation. Then do (possibly as root/administrator)
gem install ruboto ruboto setup
To create a project do
ruboto gen app --package <your.package.name> cd <project directory> ruboto setup
To run an emulator for your project
cd <project directory> ruboto emulator
To run your project
cd <project directory> rake install start
You can find an introductory tutorial at https://github.com/ruboto/ruboto/wiki
If you have any problems or questions, come see us at http://ruboto.org/
– The Ruboto Team http://ruboto.org/
blog comments powered by Disqus