Subject: [ANN] Ruboto 0.16.0 released!
The Ruboto team is pleased to announce the release of Ruboto 0.16.0.
Ruboto (JRuby on Android) is a platform for developing full stand-alone apps for Android using the Ruby language and libraries. It includes support libraries and generators for creating projects, classes, tests, and more. The complete APIs of Android, Java, and Ruby are available to you using the Ruby language.
New in version 0.16.0:
In this release we add support for Android 4.4 KitKat! You can also use git-based gems in your Gemfile.apk, and implement framework methods like onCreate in a Ruby Module and share them across Ruby classes. We have expanded the Android Fragment support to allow the use of the Ruboto Widget DSL. On the testing side, “ruboto setup” now downloads and installs HAXM which gives a 10 times speedup of the emulator! For early adopters we now support Ruby 2.1 when using JRuby 9000 builds.
- Issue #479 rake log
- Issue #491 Add support for git-based gems
- Issue #495 Send all script names to be reloaded in one intent to speed up reload
- Issue #497 Allow implementing framework methods like onCreate and onResume in a Ruby module only.
- Issue #498 Allow use of Ruboto Widget in fragments
- Issue #499 Add shortcut “-t” for the “–target” option for “ruboto gen app”
- Issue #502 Use “ruboto emulator” to set up HAXM
- Issue #503 Add “rake boing” as alias for “rake update_scripts:reload”
- Issue #512 Ruby 2.1 support
- Issue #517 Generate AVD with new format when running “ruboto emulator”
- Issue #521 Add support for running emulator with Android 4.4 api level 19
- Issue #526 Add KitKat (4.4) support
- Issue #438 Updating android_api.xml breaks test ruboto_gen_test
- Issue #448 Gems added from git repositories with the Gemfile.apk go unrecognized.
- Issue #484 “ruboto setup” doesn’t work on mac
- Issue #494 Ensure that the app is running before triggering reload of scripts on device/emulator
- Issue #496 require ‘ruboto/activity’ from ‘ruboto/activity/reload’ since we depend on it.
- Issue #504 Sporadically missing instance variable
- Issue #509 Ruboto setup fails on windows with -y option
- Issue #511 “ruboto update app” should rebuild JRubyAdapter.java based on “ruboto.yml”
- Issue #516 Spinner#adapter returns nil when used with the :adapter option
- Issue #519 Spinner should have prettier layout
- Issue #522 rake BUILD FAILED - Windows and Linux
- Issue #492 Add tutorial for using fragments
- Issue #493 README proofreading changes
- Issue #508 Add AppSurfer as a sponsor.
- Issue #514 Remove the ‘ruboto update ruboto’ command. Use ‘ruboto update app’ instead.
- Issue #515 Add a “Contributors Wanted!” banner to the home page.
- Issue #518 Sqlite_ar tutorial no longer works?
- Issue #458 Changed gem_paths to work with a gem pointing to repository git in Gemfile.apk
- Issue #466 Need faster tests for Travis-CI
- Issue #478 rake debug problem on Windows
- Issue #510 Ruboto setup on Windows fails to set path to dx
You can find a complete list of issues here:
To use Ruboto, you need to install a Ruby implementation. Then do (possibly as root/administrator)
gem install ruboto ruboto setup
To create a project do
ruboto gen app --package <your.package.name> cd <project directory> ruboto setup
To run an emulator for your project
cd <project directory> ruboto emulator
To run your project
cd <project directory> rake install start
You can find an introductory tutorial at https://github.com/ruboto/ruboto/wiki
If you have any problems or questions, come see us at http://ruboto.org/
– The Ruboto Team http://ruboto.org/
blog comments powered by Disqus