Subject: [ANN] Ruboto 1.1.1 released!
The Ruboto team is pleased to announce the release of Ruboto 1.1.1.
Ruboto (JRuby on Android) is a platform for developing full stand-alone apps for Android using the Ruby language and libraries. It includes support libraries and generators for creating projects, classes, tests, and more. The complete APIs of Android, Java, and Ruby are available to you using the Ruby language.
New in version 1.1.1:
This release introduces a significant speedup of all UI actions by only overriding those Java methods actually implemented in Ruby code. There are also some bug fixes and improvements to the SSL and big-app features.
- Issue #619 Automatically switch multi-dex build on and off
- Issue #625 Avoid storing extra dex files in assets since they are not source.
- Issue #628 Set tmpdir location
- Issue #574 Will Android 4.4 ART influence Ruboto APP?
- Issue #629 Disable RubotoActivity methods that are not in use
You can find a complete list of issues here:
To use Ruboto, you need to install a Ruby implementation. Then do (possibly as root/administrator)
gem install ruboto ruboto setup -y
To create a project do
ruboto gen app --package <your.package.name> cd <project directory> ruboto setup -y
To run an emulator for your project
cd <project directory> ruboto emulator
To run your project
cd <project directory> rake install start
You can find an introductory tutorial at https://github.com/ruboto/ruboto/wiki
If you have any problems or questions, come see us at http://ruboto.org/
– The Ruboto Team http://ruboto.org/
blog comments powered by Disqus