Subject: [ANN] Ruboto 1.3.1 released!
The Ruboto team is pleased to announce the release of Ruboto 1.3.1.
Ruboto (JRuby on Android) is a platform for developing full stand-alone apps for Android using the Ruby language and libraries. It includes support libraries and generators for creating projects, classes, tests, and more. The complete APIs of Android, Java, and Ruby are available to you using the Ruby language.
New in version 1.3.1:
Bugfixes for the 1.3.0 release.
- Issue #733 Remove support for RubotoCore 0.4.7
- Issue #720 Install 64 bit system images for Android 5
- Issue #721 Create and start emulator with 64bit system image for Android 5
- Issue #741 Make setup accept build tools rc (danielpassos)
- Issue #635 Gosu example is not working
- Issue #668 Android API version above 15 not working
- Issue #715 ruboto setup -y: FATAL – : undefined method ‘’ for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
- Issue #718 Haxm 10.9 daneb (daneb)
- Issue #728 Fix haxm installation for MacOS (phantomwhale)
- Issue #729 (ArgumentError) unable to create proxy class for class java.util.HashMap : null
- Issue #734 ruboto setup problem
- Issue #642 generate java methods in the build process only for implemented ruby met… (tek)
- Issue #631 ruby version problem
- Issue #731 Quick Start Example
- Issue #743 Help with LibGDX on Ruboto
- Issue #746 ruboto setup - Java heap space (Java::JavaLang::OutOfMemoryError)
- Issue #589 How can I help? (devaroop)
- Issue #640 How can I help? (sg552)
- Issue #651 How can I help? (arantessergio)
- Issue #659 How can I help?
- Issue #662 How can I help? (aripoya)
- Issue #665 How can I help?
- Issue #683 How can I help?
- Issue #684 How can I help?
- Issue #685 How can I help?
- Issue #694 How can I help?
- Issue #704 How can I help?
- Issue #725 How can I help?
- Issue #730 How can I help?
- Issue #740 rake log task detects activity start on lollipop (gfowley)
- Issue #724 Get travis-ci GREEN! (donv)
- Issue #367 Remove support for running in Ruby 1.8 mode
- Issue #692 –with-jruby argument not working correctly
You can find a complete list of issues here:
To use Ruboto, you need to install a Ruby implementation. Then do (possibly as root/administrator)
gem install ruboto ruboto setup -y
To create a project do
ruboto gen app --package <your.package.name> cd <project directory> ruboto setup -y
To run an emulator for your project
cd <project directory> ruboto emulator
To run your project
cd <project directory> rake install start
You can find an introductory tutorial at https://github.com/ruboto/ruboto/wiki
If you have any problems or questions, come see us at http://ruboto.org/
– The Ruboto Team http://ruboto.org/
blog comments powered by Disqus