Subject: [ANN] Ruboto 1.6.1 released!
The Ruboto team is pleased to announce the release of Ruboto 1.6.1.
Ruboto (JRuby on Android) is a platform for developing full stand-alone apps for Android using the Ruby language and libraries. It includes support libraries and generators for creating projects, classes, tests, and more. The complete APIs of Android, Java, and Ruby are available to you using the Ruby language.
New in version 1.6.1:
This is a maintenance release following changes in the Android tooling.
- Issue #836 Add JRuby jars to new projects by default
- Issue #806 Ruboto setup fails: get_android_sdk_version
- Issue #811 Package installer error
- Issue #824 undefined method ‘’ for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
- Issue #827 Assume multi-dex on first build
You can find a complete list of issues here:
To use Ruboto, you need to install a Ruby implementation. Then do (possibly as root/administrator)
gem install ruboto ruboto setup -y
To create a project do
ruboto gen app --package <your.package.name> cd <project directory> ruboto setup -y
To run an emulator for your project
cd <project directory> ruboto emulator
To run your project
cd <project directory> rake install start
You can find an introductory tutorial at https://github.com/ruboto/ruboto/wiki
If you have any problems or questions, come see us at http://ruboto.org/
– The Ruboto Team http://ruboto.org/
blog comments powered by Disqus